Monday, January 15, 2007

January 15 Update on Brian

I went to see Brian in the hospital Saturday. I had been warned by a few people that they were shocked when they saw him, so I had prepared myself for seeing things that might be disturbing.

Although he has lost his hair, is definitely thinner, and shows signs that his body has been through some tough things, all the distinguishing features are still there. I don't know if maybe the other visitors were not anticipating any changes or if I was just overprepared for seeing changes.

Brian is heavily sedated, so he slept the entire visit. Since I wasn't sure if he wanted me to see him in a weak state, I thought that it was good that he did not wake while I was there. The nurses said that it was important that he was not excited or startled so I simply stood quietly beside him and prayed silently.

Meanwhile, I'm praying that he'll be able to breath on his own.

Although I haven't started a hat or blanket for him, knitting anything at all is helping me cope with this and other things in my life as my mind just won't let me start anything new.

Wishing you all health and peace.

**Still having computer issues so my posts may be erratic.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home