Tuesday, February 20, 2007

In Memory of Brian


Brian was a wonderful man. I will never forget him. Because of him, I learned lessons in faith and in hope. I was a part of a miracle.

Brian was talented. He was intelligent and such a good friend.


His funeral was a Celebration in Life where his brother tried to make the focus on the good rather than focusing on the loss of this kind man.

He will be missed.

The picture above is at Relay for Life where hit carried the torch and lit the cauldron. I will never be able to watch the torch lighting without thinking of him and wishing he were there.

I still have the yarn for his blanket. I think part of me believed that if I waited to knit it, nothing really bad could happen. Now I just feel bad about not knitting it and the yarn stares at me, asking me what it will become. I may knit something for his brother. I just don't know.

May Brian rest in peace.

3 Comments:

Blogger Maureen said...

I think it would be a nice thing, if you are up to it, to complete the afghan to give to Brian's brother. Hope you are doing well.
Maureen

February 27, 2007 at 6:21 PM  
Blogger Life's a Stitch said...

I've been away and missed your sad news. Wishing you good memories,
Li

March 1, 2007 at 10:18 PM  
Blogger Life's a Stitch said...

One more thing, I think the blanket idea for his brother is good, knit with prayers and memories, like the shawl knitting ministry.
Li

March 1, 2007 at 10:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home