Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Knitta-Palooza 2007, Entry 2

Brief Synopsis with Photos

Thursday:
Due to unforeseen circumstances, I was unable to arrive at the hotel in time for the Meet and Greet. I was a little disappointed but decided not to let it ruin my weekend.

After checking into the hotel, I spent the evening unpacking and organizing so that each day's class supplies would be ready to grab-and-go. I debated about walking around to see if I saw any other Knitta-Palooza attendees, especially since I was making a special effort to see Dawn, Barbara M from Knitters Review, and Linda before the weekend was over. I decided against going out since I had both over-packed and under-packed.** I needed instead to get a grip on what items I needed to acquire.

I was attending the weekend's event with a friend who was arriving on Friday but who had generously sent items for me to use in my classes, including some Koigu for my shawlette, by her son. I packaged up the items I had for my friend and sent them back to her through her son, who was quite gracious.

Then, after knitting a few rows, I went to bed, hoping I'd be able to get up in time for the beginning of the festivities since I felt grossly unprepared.




Friday, Partial Post:
I awoke suddenly, feeling quite tired. I made it to the Breakfast/Fashion Show in good time, even after stopping to pick up my name tag. Waiting for the attendees when you picked up your name tag, like the previous year I attended, were Knitta-Palooza tote bags. Inside the bag was a tape measure, information about the weekend's events, and a little information about a few items in the Va Beach area. I put all paperwork in my Knitta-Palooza 2007 Binder for easy access.

Bobbie greeted us, gave us information about class locations, information about Knitta-Palooza 2008, and then the Fashion Show began. A few highlights are below.





















Since this post has laden with pictures and the computer needs a little break, I'll continue with more pictures and information later tonight and tomorrow.

***Over-packed and under-packed - I had too much stuff but not necessarily the stuff I needed.

3 Comments:

Blogger Linda said...

Great pictures Kim! Thanks for sharing.

March 28, 2007 at 6:13 PM  
Blogger eve knits said...

wow!! it looks like you bhad a great time!! love the picS!!

thanks for stopping by my blog! i love my new job!!

i did start knitting a sock from that yarn. it looks great!!!i wikll most likely post about it tomorrow!

March 31, 2007 at 8:14 AM  
Blogger Maureen said...

Fun pics! Thanks for sharing!!

April 3, 2007 at 4:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home