Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Hokie Hope



Friday, April 20, 2007 was Hokie Hope Day.

In Virginia and Pennsylvania it was declared a day of mourning.

President Busch declared it a Day of Prayer.

I don't know what happened to the young man who shot so many people. I wish someone had been able to help him earlier in life. I mourn for all the families.


It's many years since I attended VPI. My niece is currently a student there. She is friends with a victim of the shooting. She was on her way to class when cops ran at her with guns. They were trying to protect her, to get her to a safe place. She was fortunate.

She took it hard, her friend being shot, but she is now doing much better.

Hubby and I wore our orange and maroon on Friday with pride.

I hope the healing will now begin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home