Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Craving Mexican Food

The Tank
First, thanks for much for the compliments on the Fixation Tank. It is extremely comfortable. The next time I knit one, and I will knit another one, I will probably make the straps a bit wider and a bit shorter. As much as I love this tank, I feel slightly naked in it and will always wear it as a shell/underneath another item.


Life
My lay-off is finally official. Technically occurred a while back but I was kept on part-time for a while. Since the circumstances at the company haven't changed, my part-time stint is over.

The switch on the door that opens my gas tank is now broken. I cannot put any gas in my car. Our mechanic has found a part so I'll be getting that fixed muy rapido!

Knitting Toe-up Socks and other Knitting Related Items
I'm ripping the Hurricane sock again. Let's just say there was an unfortunate incident with the sock and attempts to recover have not been successful. This poor sock just does not wish to be knit by me. At least I've mastered the Magic Cast-On.

Now, I need to decide if I'm going to start another sock or move on to something else. With the way things are going around here, I'm thinking it may just be time to move on to something new and to revisit the Honey of a Hurricane socks at another time.

Fighting Cancer
In non-knitting news, I walked for at least 3 hours at the Relay For Life event. Our team raised over $4,000.00 and we're trying to raise more before the office closes the books on this year's Relay donations.




At the relay, there was a camp site where a woman had crocheted pretty scarves with eyelets in that formed commemorative ribbons. One of our team members admired it, so I may try to find some pink yarn to knit one for her. I can't imagine it would be too tough to chart out a scarf with eyelets forming the shape of a ribbon. I just need to decide on yarn, edging, length, and width of the scarf.

Back to Reality
Well, I'm off to update my resume, work on cover letters, scour the internet for employment opportunities, and to cast-on for a project I may choose randomly. Maybe now's a good time to knit up some of my Cotton-Ease.

Then...I'm either going to cook or purchase a little Alimento Mexicano. I've got this incredible craving for salsa.

There's also the matter of the burning desire to actually finish a sock that is knit from the toe-up...

4 Comments:

Blogger Maureen said...

The tank is great! Sad to hear that the toe up socks aren't working out. I had a bad time with one pair as well... try them again some other time and they will work up just right! I know I have seen a chart of the pink ribbon on the net... if I find it soon, I'll send you the link to use. Good luck with getting your resume in order and finding a new job!

May 23, 2007 at 3:45 PM  
Blogger eve knits said...

thanks for the comment! consider yourself tagged too!!!

the tank is lovely. i might have to knit one myself!

the baby sweater is super easy! you can knit one for a donation!

May 23, 2007 at 5:15 PM  
Blogger ScrapbookGallery said...

Have you tried a turkish cast on for toe-ups? (love it) btw, what kind of job are you looking for? You dont' have to tell me, I was just asking...

May 24, 2007 at 6:45 AM  
Blogger Barbara said...

I'm sending you good wishes on finding a new job soon!! Look at it as a great opportunity to find something you really like to do. The tank looks great on you. I feel your pain about the socks. I just tried my first toe up on the Widdershins. I finally mastered the magic caston but can't figure the part out about the wraps. I'm not going to give up!

May 24, 2007 at 9:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home