Sunday, September 09, 2007

...And there were pictures

A quick but photo-packed post...
(Click on any photo for a larger view.)

As promised, pictures:

First, the BSJ. This is a photo before the blocking and seaming.

I discovered what I was doing wrong on my increases but I will not be frogging. Plus, it's not too bad.

Next up, supplies for the current project, Breeze.

I'm swatching with 3's but will probably need 4's because I knit very tightly. I like the Panda Cotton in spite of the splitting issues.

Happy Birthday to....lots of us!

August is a big birthday month for us. We actually have a quite a few in July and September as well.

The first cake you see here is the cake from my husband's birthday party which turned into an event for five of us.


The second cake is my husband's personal cake. As you can probably tell, he's quite the Mets fan, hence the Mets cake.





Thirdly, my cake. A friend of ours surprised me with this adorable cake. I did not want to cut it.


Last, but not the least of the August cakes is the cake for another relative. It was made by the same person who made the hat and yarn cakes.


In case you couldn't guess, we're swimming in cake...and my son's birthday is in September.

Wishing you all happy days ahead!

8 Comments:

Blogger Ilix said...

What a thoughtful birthday cake!! That is so amazing! Happy Birthday!
Thanks for visiting my blog! :D

September 10, 2007 at 1:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOVE the yarn cake!!!

September 10, 2007 at 11:31 AM  
Blogger DeltaDawn said...

Holy canoli - who made all those gorgeous cakes? This recovering pastry chef is impressed - the yarn ball is perfecto!

September 11, 2007 at 5:43 AM  
Blogger KimT said...

thanks for stopping by my blog. that cakes are fantastic!

September 12, 2007 at 12:03 AM  
Blogger Sheila said...

Happy Birthday!!! and I hope your son is feeling much better and the BSJ is so adorable. OMGoodness those cakes are beautiful... WoW... my mouth is literally watering.

September 12, 2007 at 9:33 AM  
Blogger Maureen said...

Happy birthday. We are only 14 days apart! :) BSJ looks awesome! Can't wait to see your progress on breeze.

September 15, 2007 at 12:04 PM  
Blogger Maureen said...

Oh yeah... forgot to mention the cakes! I love them all especially your yarn ball! So fun!

September 15, 2007 at 12:05 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Love the cakes - especially the Mets and the yarn ball. How fun. Happy birtday to all!

September 17, 2007 at 6:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home