Monday, October 29, 2007

Any Day Now...

A quick post before I head to the store to pick up more tissues:

I have a bad sinus infection, so bad that I have coughed so much I've strained my back. Nice, huh?

In more uplifting news, I'm approaching the end of the shawl. I'm very excited to be finishing something else this year. Who knows? Maybe I can crank out two more items before the year ends.

Roughly speaking, I'm at about 80% on the shawl. I


My moms doing so-so. She goes for more testing Friday and then, for some insane reason, she won't get the results back for about 2 weeks. I need to do more research but I didn't think biopsy results took that long.

Anyway...I'm trying to decide what to cast-on once the Comfort Shawl is finished. I'm debating about the Flower Basket Shawl, Icarus, or Kiri. I was all set to knit Icarus but now I'm back to my fickle self.

We also have friends who are now the proud parents of a new baby boy. I've been thinking about kniting baby booties and a hat. I may eventually make a blanket but I just can't right now.

Recently I promised my son a sweater but not with a specific deadline. He hasn't mentioned it again but I know he remembers. I've thought about casting-on again for the Wonderful Wallaby or even Fife.

I'll think about it tomorrow.

3 Comments:

Blogger Sheila said...

Hi Kimberly,

Thanks for stopping by. Sending {{{hugs}}} to your mom. I hope you feel better soon and your shawl is coming out lovely. I'm itching to do a shawl, but trying to pace myself…lol After the sock issue maybe a baby project or starting your son’s sweater would make you feel better.

October 30, 2007 at 2:32 PM  
Blogger Maureen said...

The shawl is looking lovely! You and your mom are both doing better. Good luck deciding on your next project.

October 30, 2007 at 4:38 PM  
Blogger ScrapbookGallery said...

hi kimberly,
thx for stopping by. that shawl looks so pretty! my co-worker finally had her baby boy yesterday, and I didn't get to gift her the baby sweater set I made before she went on maternity leave (oops) you remember, the one I needed the dark green tlc cotton plus for? anyway, hope your mom feels better.

October 31, 2007 at 2:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home