Monday, October 22, 2007

A Little Knitting, A Little Frogging

Greetings and Salutations!

I've begun a few posts only to delete them. Unpredictable as life is, I thought I would seize this quick quiet moment I have for a short update.

I've been knitting contentedly on the Feather and Fan Comfort Shawl. Because I've been somewhat distracted lately, I keep making mistakes which has made this project take much longer than it should. There are several rows which have been knit 5 times, maybe 6. Fortunately, there has been a lesson learned. When I embark on an intricate lace pattern I will use stitch markers and not rely on my memory for row count.

Currently, I'm on row 116. I think I will need to knit 186 rows to get the size I want. Since the yarn I'm using is a cotton blend and I won't be doing any heavy blocking, I'm knitting more rows than I would if I were knitting with a material that were more responsive to the blocking process and if I didn't actually want a heavy shawl.



I'm hoping to finish by the end of the month. I have quite a few commitments and knitting is not my number one priority.

Once this shawl is finished, I had planned to try to knit a shawl in a lace weight yarn. The plan was to knit something pretty and lacy for me. My mother's health is not the best right now which means I may instead just knit something for her.

For October, I had planned socks for Socktoberfest as well as a couple of other items. However, with my knitting time being so limited, I have surrendered to the fact that it might be best for me to concentrate on one project at a time. All other knitting irons were removed from the fire.

Speaking of irons that were removed, I thought I'd give another glimpse of what should have been comfy little sockets/footies. It still pains me that I had to frog the pitiful little subject.



It felt wonderful on my foot. The splitting, unfortunately, was just to much to bear. I'm still undecided on the fate of the yarn and which yarn I want to try for this pattern.

There will be more socks in my future. I just don't know when.

At least I'm knitting.

2 Comments:

Blogger Maureen said...

Glad to see you are knitting again. I seem to crave it daily lately! Here is the website for Morehouse Farms!:
http://www.morehousefarm.com/
They have lots of fun kits with dragons, rats, cats, lambs and more!

October 23, 2007 at 2:26 PM  
Blogger Ilix said...

feather and fan is one of my favorites!!
Best wishes for your mother.

October 24, 2007 at 11:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home