Friday, February 01, 2008

Go Red For Women

Today is "National Wear Red Day!"

The American Heart Association is trying to raise awareness of risk factors for heart disease, the number one killer of women, and also educating people on what they can do to reduce their chances of heart disease and related illnesses. For information, please go to their site: Go Red For Women

Since several less than desirable risk factors for me were inherited, I'm working on living in a manner that helps to put me at a lower risk for heart disease, diabetes, and certain cancers. Learn what you can do to lower your risks!

In knitting news, there is little to tell. Instead of knitting, I've been exercising. I have not yet figured out how to fit both into my day. It's hard enough to fit in one or the other.

Once I figure out how to work knitting back into my routine, I plan to cast-on for The Vest of Many Stitches by Sally Melville or a baby gift for the many new babies born to my friends. It's entirely possible that I will begin knitting something during the Superbowl.

In other knitting news, KnittaPalooza is 20 days away. I'm looking forward to it. Annie Modesitt, Melissa Leapman, Myrna Stahman, and Margaret Fisher will be teaching. Although I thoroughly enjoy the classes, I think I look forward to seeing the fashion show and all the different knitters more than anything else.

Tempting remains on the needles. Unfortunately, it's just not tempting me any more. I might get motivated to finish before KnittaPalooza so I have something else knitted to wear.

Meanwhile, I'm enjoying Ravelry and SparkPeople.

Wishing everyone beautiful days ahead.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wore my red last Friday!

February 4, 2008 at 4:30 PM  
Blogger Maureen said...

You'll figure out how to fit both eventually. Congrats on taking a big step for your health!

February 7, 2008 at 8:24 AM  
Blogger Life's a Stitch said...

Exercise is probably the healthier choice, a difficult one, though :)

February 9, 2008 at 10:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home