Tuesday, November 04, 2008

November News

I really thought I'd be back to blogging before now. Many times I planned to post but something stopped me.

Unfortunately, one of the relatives I mentioned in my last post died. It was a shock to the entire family. Although it has been months since her death, it still feels like yesterday. Of course, we've all managed to go on but there is a void without her.



In news of civic duty, I cast my vote today. I am proud to say that a record number of people voted today. I hope it is a sign that as Americans we are taking the steps to move forward to work together, and have our voices heard, no matter who wins the elections for each office.


On the crafting front, I finished a scarf. While it's true that I'm not really a scarf knitter, I was happy to just be knitting. Given the amount of projects I've finished this year, one may doubt I knit at all. I've not been able to capture a decent finished photo but hope to do so soon.

I've begun swatching for the Gibson Girl Pullover by Shirley Paden. Once it's finished, my plans are to either begin Christmas ornaments, Indigo Ripples, or the Ribbed Yoke Sweater from an older Debbie Bliss book.

Before Knitta-Palooza in March, I'm hoping to also make a shawl, a vest, and possibly one other item to wear during the event.

Hopefully, I'll be back to blogging regularly soon. This particular entry is short but I really just wanted to jump back into the saddle. Maybe for the next post, I'll actually have a progress photo of the Gibson Girl and a finished photo of the Lace Leaf Scarf.

7 Comments:

Blogger Life's a Stitch said...

Thanks for the update. Welcome back,
Li

November 23, 2008 at 12:12 PM  
Blogger Maureen said...

Glad to see you back! Sorry to hear about the relatives.

November 23, 2008 at 12:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greetings! I too, voted in this historic election, and when I voted again for Gov. last week during a run-off, my guy lost! :(


I have been on crochet/knit hiatus, but I am still hanging around. *Yawning*
My DH is watching "Tropical Thunder" and Tom Cruise should be banned from watching Soul Train!!!

Take Care~
P.S. stop by my blog and check out this movie when you get a chance, but make sure you read the *WARNING* First.

December 7, 2008 at 10:40 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

November 22, 2009 at 1:52 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

November 26, 2009 at 4:25 PM  
Blogger Jenilee said...

sometimes you do just have to jump right back in! :) thanks for linking up to the blog party!

November 4, 2011 at 11:55 AM  
Blogger Joyce said...

Hi-this post is linked in the Wednesday Hodgepodge today but it is not recent...just wondering if you meant to link this one?

December 28, 2011 at 7:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home