Wednesday, May 19, 2004

Can you help me??????

The pattern I'm making for my class is from SandnesGarn. It's from this book, #9 Barn/Voksne.

It's in the Peer Gynt Pattern Book about mid-way down the page. There are two adults on the front cover wearing black and white sweaters with an older child in a green, red and yellow sweater in the bottom left hand corner.

There's even a pattern for a log cabin afghan, felted socks, mittens, hats, pillows...I'm pleased with the selection.

The sweater pattern I am making, #15, says it is written for the knitter to knit it "in the round to the neckline." "Armholes are later sewn and cut open. If you wish to avoid cutting, the armholes start when the garment measures approx..." Then it tells you to work within a certain chart for a certain number of centimeters/inches for each section. It says sleeves are knit on dpns.

I WANT TO AVOID CUTTING!!! IT NEVER SAYS WHAT TO DO ABOUT IT! IT ONLY SAYS THAT YOU CAN AVOID CUTTING AND TELLS YOU WHERE THE SLEEVES WOULD START, BASED ON THE SIZE YOU ARE MAKING.

When I mention making it without cutting during my class, they just kind of chuckle.

Should I write to SandnesGarn/Peter Gynt? Have any of you out there ever made any of these patterns? Should I just go boldly forth with cutting?

HELP ME PLEASE!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home