Saturday, January 22, 2005

HTML

It's funny how if you look at your blog on one computer it looks one way but if you are at another computer, it can look very different. I am growing more and more displeased with the look of my blog. I've been meaning to change it for quite some time but have just not had the time to learn the HTML required to make it look the way that I want.

I had no idea that if someone is viewing my blog at a larger font (in their computer settings) that the whole page goes wacky! I think this is basically going to involve changing margins. Sounds simple...right? It's not simple when you know less than diddly about html.

So, in an effort to not have a wacky looking blog, I'm going to try to find some good info on html. I'll probably just learn enough to get by, for now, since I've got enough other projects too keep me occupied.

In knitting news, my Alpaca Cloud for my shawl from Knit Picks arrived. It is amazingly soft. The color is wonderful. (Picture to come shortly.) I've got to look over the shawl pattern again to see if this will become my new take-along project or if will be too much counting to try to knit it in public.

Since my son's skin is sensitive, and because I was quite curious, I called Knit Picks to see if they would be coming out with any cotton yarns. I was told there were definite plans for cotton, that they would possibly be releasing them in a couple of months! Sounds to me like it will be a "Spring release."

Spring sounds wonderful right now. We're expecting more snow. At least it's good knitting and crocheting weather.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

do FYI, your blog looks fine on my PC at work (IE) and on my Mac at home (Firefox)

January 22, 2005 at 2:49 PM  
Blogger sara said...

I like your blog. Your blog inspired me to make mine a little more interesting! And I am so flattered to see my blog listed here *blush*. Thank you!

I've never ordered from Knit Picks, but I get the catalog. Are they reliable etc.?

Sara

January 23, 2005 at 8:35 PM  
Blogger LookinForward said...

I use Mozilla at a 1024 x 768 resolution and it looks great!

Keep up the good work.

January 23, 2005 at 8:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home