Friday, January 14, 2005

It's been a while...

I went to my first non-guild Knitting Meeting this week. There were only three of us but it was really nice.

We met at a local book store. Since I think it's important to support the shop allowing us to hold our meetings at their facility, I ordered a piece of cake and some wonderful herbal tea. I also purchased a magazine and a box of the yummy herbal tea to be able to enjoy it at home.


I'm sure I was the oldest there, which wasn't really a problem. It was unusual but refreshing. EA was knitting mittens and EC was knitting a prayer shawl. I took my Cork yarn to start a hat, so I'd have something portable that wouldn't take up a lot of table space.

I'm looking forward to the next meeting!

Button made by Donna (Yarntomato)
I've decided to join a Crochet-Along. It's for making a Ripple Afghan. I haven't decided which ripple pattern to use but I've always wanted to make a Ripple Afghan. If you'd like to join, information can be found here.

I'll post a picture of my yarn either later today or tomorrow. Right now the camera is in the car and I don't have the energy to go get it. Also, lately, I've been really dissatisfied with the picture quality.

I'm also very excited about the new line of yarns at Knit Picks! Prices are great and they've even got some alpaca yarns. They've even added a new feature where if you click one of the Knit Pick Brand yarns you can see different projects that are recommended for that particular yarn.

I think I may try one of the alpaca yarns for a shawl. There was no white alpaca lace weight but I'm hoping one will be added soon. I ordered a little bit of black for a small stole/shawl so if I like it, and shawls are as enjoyable as I'm hoping, this could be the beginning of something great!


I've taken the Fair Isle sweater out of the knitting bag but sadly have not done anything else with it. If my health continues to improve and I find some energy, I'm going to try to find my place again in the pattern.

It's going to be good year for knitting and crocheting. I can feel it.


Re: Comments
To the seven people who left me comments on the last post, I sincerely thank you. I have never gotten 7 comments before. I know there are people who have been knitting for a long time, buy lots of yarn, and/or know lots of knitting techniques that get lots of comments all the time but for someone who has only been blogging for a few months, I'm extremely honored.

Lu, Ginger General, Madalyn, Maureen, Melissa, Jenni, and TopperArnold, I thank you. I am enjoying interacting with other knitters and I'm looking forward to all my projects, no matter how long they take me to make.

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

You are welcome - I do enjoy reading your blog!

January 15, 2005 at 10:14 PM  
Blogger caramelknits said...

I'm so glad you went to the Knitting Guild meeting and are feeling better after feeling so awful. Sounds like a fun evening! :)

Ditto on the posting to my blog. Who doesn't love when other people care what you have to say or can relate? Blogging has really opened the door to some great people online. Who knew? :)

January 16, 2005 at 11:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish I had been one of those 7 posters. I am trying to leave more blog posts, because I love reading them and want my favorites like yours to remain in business!

Patti

January 16, 2005 at 9:35 PM  
Blogger sara said...

Well, thanks Kimberly. I am totally new to the world of blog. On top of that, I have to fight with my teen to get on the puter! I hope to be a regular reader. Glad you had fun Knitting. I tried to get a crochet guild going here (Alabama). Put it in the paper and everything. 1 person showed. : -(

January 17, 2005 at 2:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home