Thursday, June 10, 2004

Hat, Socks, Booties, Shell, Shawl...

I've decided that a hat is my next project...that and socks...then booties. Both patterns, for hat and booties, are from Melanie Falick's Knitting for Baby.

I have Summer Tweed to make Elderflower and Ginger, both of which you can see HERE. I also have enough Linen Drape for a couple of things and I'm consider Misty which can be seen HERE. The only thing is, it's already buckling on the model, and I'm a chesty girl, so I may be considering other options for Linen Drape.

I'm going to try the Magic Loop method for socks. I haven't decided yet if I'm going to do the baby socks or the adult socks found in the book.

Somewhere in here, I've got to figure in figuring out the sweater and making an angel or two.

I'm looking forward to my new projects!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Kim,
Sounds like a wonderful list of projects you have going. Have you started the Magic Loop yet? I am interested to hear your results. I knit 2 socks 2 circulars and enjoy this method. But, I always love to learn new techniques. I am going to make The Shoalwater Shawl from Fiber Trend. I just need to find the perfect yarn for it. Happy Knitting.

Maureen

June 11, 2004 at 2:24 PM  
Blogger Kimberly said...

Thanks, Maureen.
I haven't started the Magic Loop yet. I'll probably try it at some point this weekend. I have this burning urge to finish this hat before I start a new project. I plan to try the 2 socks 2 circular method too. A lot of people seem to like it.
--Kimberly

June 11, 2004 at 7:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home