Monday, October 23, 2006

Missing the Magic

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I've stated before that I have previously had trouble with dpn's when trying to knit socks. Becauses of this, I thought now would be the perfect time to once again try the Magic Loop. There was most certainly a loop but the magic was clearly not there.

After about six failed attempts, I finally stopped trying at about midnight. This is what I had.




It's about two rows of very humble beginnings of a sock. I may just have to go back to the dpn's because I'm still not happy using the Magic Loop.



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

In other knitting news, the blanket is still lengthening. It's around 12X58 now. At least something is going well.



Navy blue yarn is difficult to photograph well. I'm sure better photographs will be acquired as I continue to with this project.


**I'm still not giving up on the socks. I will find a way to have at least one sock before this month is done!

5 Comments:

Blogger Sheila said...

Hi Kimberly... your blanket is coming along really nice and the pic is clear enough that I was able to see the beautiful cables in it... and thanks for your compliment... since I'm not a swatcher... a tape measure is very essential while crocheting.. but I am coming around to the fact that I need to start swatching....
ughhhh.

October 24, 2006 at 9:20 AM  
Blogger Trish said...

I learned the Magic Loop method while on a train cross country. My first try, I just kept knitting and knitting around and around and around. Just to get the hang of how to move the needles and yarn. You have to flip it a certain way or the yarn gets tangled. Then i frogged that all out and started over again, following a pattern. It was MUCH MUCH easier after that. I hate DPN's too. Good luck with the Magic Loop.

October 24, 2006 at 12:09 PM  
Blogger Life's a Stitch said...

I like using two circulars instead of the magic loop or double pointeds.
Li

October 24, 2006 at 10:58 PM  
Blogger Helen said...

I had a bit of trouble with the magic loop and settled for two circulars; I find it much less confusing, although every now and again I find myself accidentally doing the magic loop because I've picked up the wrong needle at the beginning of a row. At the moment I'm using the magic loop on a pair of socks in heavier yarn because I don't want to buy another circ, and that's made me a bit more relaxed with it, but I'll be going back to two circs soon - do give it a try.

October 25, 2006 at 6:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Kimberly, the Magic Loop mystified me as well! I'm so glad the tests came back negative for your godchild. Remember Henry, my friend's son whom you knit a square for two years ago? He has his last treatment in December! It has been a long ride and it isn't over, but their lives have somewhat returned to normal and what a blessing that is...

Patti
http://redvelvetcake.typepad.com

October 25, 2006 at 7:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home