Thursday, October 26, 2006

There's Hope for Me Yet

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

After just a wee bit too much aggravation, I gave up on the Magic Loop. I haven't given up on the ML completely but as far as these socks are concerned, the Magic Loop does not exist.



I cast-on the stitches last night before heading to bed. Much to my delight, I managed to knit a few row with out any incidents.

Pleased with my progress, regardless of how slight the progress was, I took it to work with me and knit more rows during my lunch break.



This brought me to about 1 1/2 inches.



While my son watched a little television, I knitted a few more rows, bringing the sock cuff to just over 2 inches.



I love the yarn, Sockotta, but my sensitivity to wool is making my fingers itch. This, however, will not stop me from completing this project. I'm hoping my feet won't be as sensitive but it may truly be wishful thinking.

With a little perseverance, I might have a sock before the weekend ends! Of course, I haven't gotten to the heel or gusset but there's no reason why I can't just be happy about getting this far.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The blanket isn't getting quite as much attention but I did manage to knit a few rows of it yesterday.

With a little luck, I'll get to knit a few rows of it tomorrow.

I'm rather enjoying these two projects.

Thanks for the kind words of support in my sock efforts!

1 Comments:

Blogger Maureen said...

Kim,
Have you tried to use two 24 inch circulars? This is my favorite method. I think you will love the feel of the Sockotta. I made several pairs for my sisters and nieces. They love them.

October 27, 2006 at 3:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home