Friday, February 25, 2005

Taking My Time

I have turned the heel successfully on my sock. I'm now about to pick-up stitches to knit the foot portion. It has been going surprisingly well, whenever I find time to knit.

I went to my knitting meeting this week. When I first arrived, I thought the meeting had been canceled because I didn't see yarn, needles, or anyone knitting at all. I walked through the store and finally saw one person, AZ, knitting something in purple. Relieved that there would indeed be someone there to discuss yarns, techniques, stitches, and patterns, I happily greeted her, then sat down for a little knitting.

EA had been delayed and showed up a little later. She was almost finished knitting a beautiful Lopi sweater, in various shades of green, which she wanted to wear the next day. I left my camera at home, or I would have taken a picture. She got me to thinking that I could probably knit my son's sweater without any cutting at all. I'm liking that idea. She said she'd bring her Lopi book with her for the next meeting, so I'll be reading up on adding in my sleeves from the Lopi book and my EZ books.

We had one gentleman and his daughter to join us after that. He said that 3 out of 4 persons in his household knit. He's working on a baby hat in green and white variegated yarn.

As a group, we've chosen the first week in each month for charity knitting. EA has coordinated donating items for Project Linus and we're also trying to get better acquainted with the local hospital for hats for preemies. Doing this as a group seems to me like we'll get more accomplished rather than one person feverishly trying to knit/crochet/sew enough items to make a difference.

Once I get out my first mailing for our family reunion, I'll have a little more time for knitting and crocheting.

Until then, I'm only working on my socks or Project Linus items.

After getting in my cold car at the end of the work day, I wished I had already made a shawl. My coat was too bulky to wear while driving and it seemed to take the car a little longer to heat yesterday. Still, life is stressful enough. I don't need stress with knitting or crocheting. I'll add things when I can, if and only if I feel like doing them.

Tonight, it's still reunion work.

Once the sock has a little more "body" to it, I'll post a picture. Right now, I'm not sure it's worth the space in my photo host.

Hoping there will be a little knitting time tomorrow.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Sure, it is worth the space, I cannot wait to see it! I am done with the heel of mine and I am knitting toward the toe :-)

February 26, 2005 at 12:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home