Sunday, April 24, 2005

Finally, A Trip to the Yarn Store

I made it to my LYS. It was great.

The yarn for my shawl was waiting for me. If I didn't have my son with me, I would have probably returned home with more than I did. Instead, I went home with Zephyr in Ivory, stitch markers, a small skein of green yarn for my son, and a crochet hook.

I left the camera in the car and I'm too tired to go get it right now. Otherwise, I'd post a picture, of the aforementioned yarn.

I took the pattern, yarn, and notions to my mom's house today. She gave the seal of approval on the shawl, so I thought everything was going to run smoothly. Then, I read over the pattern, for the first time, and realized I did not remember how to to a provisional cast-on.

So....

The shawl will begin tomorrow. This should give me sufficient time to make sure I can perform the cast-on properly. I'm comfortable with all the other stitches and abbreviations. The chart makes me slightly nervous but I have worked with charts before.

I'm very excited about this project.

Hopefully, things will go smoothly from now to the end...

One can hope.

2 Comments:

Blogger sara said...

Good luck with the shawl. I look forward to reading about the making of it!

April 25, 2005 at 7:54 AM  
Anonymous Anthony K said...

Greatt reading

May 9, 2022 at 12:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home