Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Some Knitting and a Funeral

Good-bye to a Gentleman

Back in 2000, when I was pregnant with my son, I started working at an office and met some very nice people. One of the nicest was Mr. S.

I was only working as a temp, so I didn't go back to work at the company for a couple of years after the baby was born. When I went back, M. S was the manager. He told me he really wanted me to come back to work for him.

I worked for him and he was always pleasant, positive, generous, and kind.

He was diagnosed with liver cancer. The prognosis was not good. He has now passed away.

I, and many others will miss him dearly. He was such a good man.


Cancer

Another gentleman with whom I used to work told me his father has been diagnosed with cancer. My cousin's wife just loss her brother to liver cancer and now she has been diagnosed with breast cancer. A friend from church has had his cancer come back.

I know we can't all have sunshine and sweetness every day of our lives, and I know that eventually we all die, but I just really feel like we HAVE to do something about cancer.


In Hopeful News

I decided to knit an item for the Dulann Project. I have cast-on for the Knit Baby Suprise Sweater/Jacket. I'm about 1/2 way through the piece and I promise pictures once I can figure out what I did with the USB chord. If time permits, I'll be trying to crank out a pair of socks and a hat to send as well. I'm a little late in the game, since the deadline is July 1, so I will be mailing out whatever is finished on June 25.


Other Knitting News

I started swatching for another pair of socks. This pair, however will be done from the cuff-down. I'll get back to knitting a pair from the toe-up by the time July rolls around.

I'm planning to knit either Tempting from Knitty or Diana from Hot Knits next. Plans could change since my life seems to be constantly changing.


Life in General

Any minute now my big break is going to happen, I'll have a life-changing positive experience, or I'll meet someone that is so incredibly inspiring. I know it.

After storms, the sun comes out. If you survive, you rebuild.

3 Comments:

Blogger Sheila said...

Hi Kimberly and Thanks for stopping by. I am sorry to hear about your loss and its not often you find an employer who possess all the traits your employer had and I’m sure he will be surely missed. I just started learning how to knit, which is really a challenge… but I will push on. A dear blogger suggested I start with dishcloths… so I am working on one now which is just garter stitch. I will make a couple of them using different stitches to get the technique down. I always find it so enlightening when people reveal themselves via memes. Be sure to post pics of your Dulaan project.

June 5, 2007 at 6:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear that you lost such a wonderful boss. Cancer has also affected my family; it seems like when I was growing up, it was kind of rare, but now I see it all the time :-(

Your break will come soon, don't worry.

June 5, 2007 at 7:40 PM  
Blogger eve knits said...

hey kim~
sorry to hear about your loss! i, too, have lost people to cancer. it really sucks.

the sox stix are great. i cant wait to order another set this weekend. they are 5" and the perfect length. i think they are worth the money.i have been travelling with a sock in progress in my purse along with a bunch of njunk and a stitch has yet to slide off on the needle!

i hope this helps you decide!

June 5, 2007 at 10:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home