Monday, June 28, 2004

What A Lovely Lady

My husband's aunt died today. She was a wondeful person.

It's so odd how even when we know someone is ill, it's still painful when we lose them.

She was a beautiful person. I loved the way she used the word "dear."

She made an incredible seven-layer salad, baked homemade bread, and all sorts of other good foods. She made ceramic items and beautiful pieces by knitting and crocheting.

To me, she always seemed fearless, creative, strong, a lovely lady.

She is, however, no longer suffering, no longer in pain.

2 Comments:

Blogger caramelknits said...

Kim,
I doubt that you could have said anything nicer about her. It's obvious how much she meant to you. I am deeply sorry for your loss.

Thoughts are with you,
Melissa

June 29, 2004 at 4:24 PM  
Blogger Kimberly said...

Melissa, I have no idea how I missed this comment. I was probably in a daze. Thanks so much for your kind words!

July 12, 2004 at 7:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home