Monday, July 05, 2004

Booties, well, almost booties

I forgot to take a shot of the second bootie that I just started but it's only got a few rows knit.

This photo is the full bootie. It's knit from the ankle down. There's a little puckering that concerns me. It's in the area where there are an incredible number of decreases due to shaping on the foot. I'm hoping it won't matter. If it does, I'll rip and reknit.


This is a photo of the bootie folded, so you can see what it would look like. An i-cord tie goes into the little eyelets.


This is a photo of the bootie folded the other way because I can't remember right now which side is the right side is which side is the wrong side. Of course, it doesn't matter right now because I'm not seaming it yet and it will only take me a second or two to remember once I start knitting on the second bootie again tonight.


Hubby is really proud of the bootie. That made me feel good.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The puckering is normal. It's what gives the heel that little curve when you fold the bootie in half and stitch it up!

Natalie

July 6, 2004 at 12:05 PM  
Blogger Kimberly said...

Thanks, Natalie! I was a little worried but now I feel much better!

July 7, 2004 at 7:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What an interesting way to knit that bootie. I like that idea. Pretty cool.

froggy

July 8, 2004 at 5:40 PM  
Blogger Kimberly said...

Thanks, Froggy!
It was kind of cool knitting them. I still need to seam the things, though. I'll probably make another pair for my hubby's cousin.
There's a second pattern for booties in the book that I want to try but I probably need to get going on a top or shawl for me.

July 12, 2004 at 7:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home