Wednesday, November 15, 2006

First Toe-Up

Back in January I set up a few craft goals for the 2006 year. Among other things, I said that I would try to:
  • crochet something,
  • knit a shawl,
  • knit socks top-down,
  • knit socks toe-up,
  • knit mini sweaters,
  • knit a bear for my son,
  • and knit a blanket for my husband.

So far, I have knit the socks top-down and started the blanket for my husband. Other than that, I'm not doing very well in with accomplishing the things on the list. I'm thinking a few things will end up being goals for 2007.

In order to be able to check of at least one more thing on my list, and because I enjoyed knitting the first pair of socks so much, I have decided to make the next pair of socks in a toe-up pattern. Currently I'm looking at Honey of a Hurricane Socks, Sherman Socks, Wendy's Toe-Up Pattern , Toe-Ups for the Family and Anastasia. I'm leaning towards the Hurricane Socks.

For a little support and for the useful information posted, I have applied to join the My First Toe-Ups KAL.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I'll probably practice the figure-eight cast-on tomorrow and possibly the provisional. Hopefully I'll be knitting the new socks by Saturday.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
In the Fall Cable KAL news, the blanket is now a little over 15 inches long. I guess this makes me a little less than 1/4 of the way finished. I think I can have it finished by Feb 14, hubby's requested date, while I knit small projects on the side.

Speaking of small projects, once the toe-up socks are under way, I may have to try a few mini patters. I've seen them for socks, hats, mittens, and sweaters. I promised my mom a mini sweater ornament to hang on her tree so I'll definitely be making that.

Unfortunately, my health has been less than stellar. Knitting has been a comfort to me. Hoping to get stronger to get some things done. After all, Thanksgiving is just around the corner and I did want to bake something.

1 Comments:

Blogger Maureen said...

Oh! I think the honey of a hurricane socks are wonderful. I don't need anymore on my socks to do list, but those are beautiful! Good luck on the toe up socks. Loved your other first finished socks too! Great work1 Have a wonderful holiday week!

November 22, 2006 at 5:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home