Thursday, June 21, 2007

Working again!

I'm working now. It has been WONDERFUL!

Granted, I've only been there about 2 weeks but so far I'm really enjoying it. I'm learning new things, I get off an hour earlier, and my phone barely rings. Although I'm not used to getting up earlier in the morning, I actually look forward to going to work right now. I'm really hoping things work out.

Knittingwise, I've got nothing. I did, however, wear knitting needles in my hair for four days straight. I misplaced my hair clips and I needed something to secure my hair after I put it up. I kept waiting for someone to ask me why I had knitting needles in my hair but no one did.



I haven't knit a stitch in probably over a week. I miss the knitting but I'm too busy working, studying for work, taking my son to events, etc, to get any knitting done. Maybe the weekend will allow a few stitches to be executed.

Another person I "know" has been diagnosed with cancer. She's a cyber friend but we've been conversing for almost seven years. I'm prayerful that they are able to successfully kill the cancer with as little damage to her immune system as possible. I know she's going through a lot right now. Facing this can not be easy.

I'm on a mission to try to take better care of myself. I'm going to try to prevent the preventable things and myself stronger for the things that are a little harder to avoid.

This means heading back to the gym, eating more fruits and veggies, and cutting back on the sugar and saturated fats. I don't know how I'll find the time for the gym but I already have my salad ready for lunch tomorrow.

Until next time, may you have brighter days ahead!

Did I mention that my grandmother recently turned 95? Her cousin, also her best friend, is 97...or maybe 98.



Gotta found out their secret to longevity.

2 Comments:

Blogger Maureen said...

Conrats again on the job. SO glad you are liking it! You will find time again for knitting. I too am looking forward to getting back into an exercise routine again. With the summer Farmer's market, I am looking forward to some new fresh fruits and veggies! Good luck to you!

June 24, 2007 at 8:53 AM  
Blogger Sheila said...

Congratulations on your new job. Its ok that you haven’t knitted in a week, I’m sure once you’ve acclimated to the new job, you’ll be back to knitting with a vengeance…lol. I have been so bad with exercising… I haven’t done any in about a month and half and the sad part is I have literally no excuse, the gym is downstairs in the basement, talk about uber lazy… lol. But seriously, I need to get back on the bandwagon, thanks for making me realize what I need to do.. EXERCISE!!!....lol. God Bless your grandmother… 95 years old… yes we need to find out from her the secret…lol. I’m sorry to hear about your friend being diagnosed with cancer and pray that they can eradicate the cancer cells without causing her too much discomfort. I am truly loving the continental technique… its so much easier and I am moving a lil faster, and the dvd helped me get a better grasp on picking up stitches. So I casted on last night and stayed up to 2 in the morning…. Gasp!! But it was well worth it.

June 24, 2007 at 9:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home