Sunday, August 22, 2004

Rug update 08/22/04



I finished the rug today. I'm excited about it to the point of just wanting to dance! I'm grinning from ear-to-ear.

My parents agree with me that it's not a rug they would want anyone use. Just the thought of someone putting their feet on it it upsetting. They were very encouraging with comments about my knitting. They think I should frame it. My dad even says he'll make me a frame. My three-year old, however, wants me to put it in his room.

I have not yet decided where my newly finished object will reside. I'm just too excited about finishing something else.

After making this rug, I've decided that using two strands of yarn at once, as in doubling yarn for gauge, is definitely not for me. There was entirely too much twisting and untwisting which made this project take much longer than it normally would. Also, because of the twisting, I had to hold the yarn in an unusual manner to achieve any kind of even tension, thus, slowing me down even further.

Still, I loved making this rug and I will miss knitting it. Again, the mixture of the emotions flood me.

To celebrate finishing my rug, did I decide to seam up the booties or hats so there would be even more finished objects. Of course not! I started a new project.

I'll post a photo of the finished rug tomorrow, as the ones I took earlier today did not turn out well.

I'm so ready for Klaralund, except for the seaming.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home