Friday, December 03, 2004

Sorting and Distributing

I've been knitting a little on my son's scarf. He's happy to just have the hat right now as his mind has turned to Christmas and all the decorations in the area.

Last night we were riding out and he was so excited about seeing all the lights. He made me excited about them too.


I've also frogged and restarted the blue baby hat. Since I'm not knitting from a pattern, or even any of my own preplanned schematics, the hat is more of a toddler's size. I'll probably finish it tonight and I'll post the picture here:

I'm still dreaming of knitting a shawl but trying very hard not to start one until at least the 20th of December...unless I decide to make one as a gift.

I've updated my list of books and patterns I own. Now I'm working on updating my list of needles and sizes. After that, I'll try to set up my spreadsheet of my yarn stash and working getting rid of the acrylic yarn.

Originally I purchased the acrylic yarn because I just wanted to knit and crochet and I thought yarn was yarn. I know, perish the thought. Then, I figured the acrylic would be good for charity projects. I still think it might be good for charity projects but I'm just not fond of pure acrylic. I don't frown upon people using it; I just don't want to use it.

Now, I must decide whether to knit and crochet projects like crazy with it until it's gone, to give it away, or to donate it directly to a charity. Since knitting and crocheting for babies is one of the main things that drew me to the crafts, most of the acrylic yarn is in pastel colors.

Hopefully, I can make a little sense of the acrylic stash this weekend. The faster I decide what to do with it, the faster I make room for something I like better.

I'm also searching for longer (40" or more) and shorter (11" to 12") circular needles in bamboo. Perusing of the LYS's is in order.

Could be a tough job, scoping the LYS's, but I'm up to the task.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home