Monday, November 22, 2004

Three Babies / I Want a New Digital Camera

I mailed the three hats out today. That made me feel really good. Three babies will have hats that were knitted with love. They may not be the best looking hats in the world but I sent my warm wishes and prayers with the hats. Hopefully, they can be used.

Here they are before being enclosed in the mailing envelope.

***Warning, pictures are horrid.




It took me at least twenty shots to get pictures of all three of them. The camera kept rejecting the picture. I'd press the button. It would say "Focusing." Then it would just stop focusing or even attempting to acquire a shot. This is not the first time it has happened. Of course, these multiple presses of the shutter button teamed with focusing drains the life out of the batteries. The pictures are also horribly dark. I also had to hold the hats at strange angles to get the camera to take a picture so the hats look lumpy. Guess what I want for Christmas.


I've cast-on for my Men in Hats beanie. I'm making a hat for my son. In case you wonder if he is even interested in what yarn I use or my knitting, he snuggled up with the skein and his Nerf football while on the way to Grandma's house.


Later, he snuggles up even closer to the skein...

...until finally he was only holding the skein and has released the football.


He'll get lots of wear out of this hat.

5 Comments:

Blogger Anna said...

The baby hats are darling!

Where can I find the info for the Men in Hats along? I love knitting hats and I am planning on knitting some for my husband, dad, and brothers.

I am sure your son will love his hat. Especially made from the Bernat Denim. I just finished a scarf from that yarn and it is SO soft.

~~Luvtocraft
http://luvtocraft.blogspot.com/

November 23, 2004 at 2:00 PM  
Blogger Kimberly said...

Thanks, Luvtocraft. I'm enjoying hat making. I'll be trying to crochet one soon.

I'm posting the link for the Men In Hats KAL here and at your blog. http://unravelmeknitting.blogspot.com/

Hope you'll join.

I really need to work on my HTML so I can get my sidebar and my blog the way I want it. I just need to block a decent amount of time, research, and energy to do it.

November 23, 2004 at 8:10 PM  
Blogger Anna said...

Thanks Kimberly for the info on the Men in Hats KAL! :) :)

I totally understand needing a block of time to fix sidebars. It took me forever to finish my sidebar. I learned a lot about html in that time. More than I ever wanted to know. :)

~~Luvtocraft
http://luvtocraft.blogspot.com/

November 23, 2004 at 9:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Kimberly, the hats look wonderful! For the labels, I got a referal from my local Joann's: www.namemaker.com. I was very pleased with the price and the quantity, and they definitely add a nice touch. Give yourself a Christmas gift and order some! Have a wonderful holiday with your family!

PattiG

November 24, 2004 at 7:24 PM  
Blogger Maureen said...

Nice job on your little hats, they are darling... Hope you have a very Happy Thanksgiving.

November 25, 2004 at 11:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home