Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Cancel My Subscription

Tonight was supposed to be my knitting night. Hubby had a commitment for the evening so I was not able to go. Of course, work was crazy, I'm playing catch-up with cleaning, and I have so much going that I probably would not have gone anyway. I miss going but I just can't seem to fit it into my schedule. I had decided to go for an hour but with hubby being gone, someone had to be here to entertain my little man.

I picked up a few skeins of the recently discontinued Cotton-Ease to make the afghan for my mom. I had picked out a pattern but have long since forgotten which pattern I chose. Soon, I'll be on a mission to choose a new one or just make one up as I go.

I've been checking the website for Knitting Sisters to see if they have their new class schedule up yet. So far, no luck, but the new schedule has to be coming soon. If I'm lucky, they'll have the youth class and I can get my niece and my cousin all set. Maybe they'll even be a little something for me.

I've been planning my personal vacation. I need one. I may never get it, but just planning it is a slight comfort.

I'm debating about the renewal of my knitting magazine subscriptions. I've decided not to continue with TKGA (Cast-On is sent to you for being a member) but I'm still on the fence about the others. I think I've got a pretty good pattern stash now and lately the magazines seem to be disappointing me. I still have not found a crochet magazine that I like but I haven't given up hope on that. Surely I fit the target audience of someone!

I'll try to post a picture of a current project soon. I just keep switching from one project to another and frogging, so there isn't much to show right now.

Maybe I can make it to Knitting Sisters this weekend just to see if there's anything that catches my eye. I'm hoping...

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been thinking about subscribing to Interweave Knits. I think they come out with one Crochet issue a year, too. But I could be wrong about that.

June 16, 2005 at 12:27 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Hi Kim,

I agree that a lot of these magazines leave a lot to be desired! I'm speaking mostly of crochet magazines because I'm most familiar with those. I don't subscribed to any because I haven't seen one, other than Interweave Knits version of a crochet magazine that I find has some tasteful designs.

June 16, 2005 at 6:30 PM  
Blogger Maureen said...

Welcome back! Sorry you couldn't get to knitting group. I do like getting together and knitting. I just have one subscription to Creative Knitting.

June 17, 2005 at 5:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know what you mean about chores piling up ... so I ignored them and spent a good portion of yesterday dyeing with KoolAid; loved every minute of it!

As for crochet mags, I like Crochet! best, then Crochet Fantasy (the revamped mag has a lot of articles about the types & techniques being featured). Then, because I like beading, I also get Bead and Button (They feature crochet almost every issue). The magazine I await with bated breath is PieceWork ... it has a bit of everything in it and I read it from cover to cover! Interweave Knit does have another crochet version coming out but as far as I know, it's not included with your subscription; you'll need to purchase it separately.

I hope this helps. :)
~Dee
aka:
CrochetWithDee

June 17, 2005 at 5:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Kim! Never fear, the new class schedule for Knitting Sisters will be on the web site next week. We are posting only July for now. As you may already know we are moving down the lane to the former Lemon Twist space which gives us twice the square footage, room for a dedicated classroom, an office, and more display space!!! We are soooo excited. The July and Aug schedule will be a little in flux as our move date is tentatively the last week of July. Look forward to seeing you soon! ciao Kat/Knitting Sisters

June 18, 2005 at 11:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home