Monday, July 04, 2005

Happy Independence Day

Yorktown was a mess tonight. If you wanted to see the fireworks, you should have parked by 7:00 pm. After that, almost everything was closed. Fortunately, I watched fireworks yesterday and felt no need to experience additional light shows today.

During my limited travels today, I picked up bamboo needles for my cousin to use to learn to knit. I also picked up a skein of pink yarn, as it is her favorite color. For a special treat, I picked up a rosewood crochet hook for myself.

I've started my mom's afghan. I decided to go with a feather and fan pattern. The baby afghan will probably begin tomorrow. I'm thinking of doing a Farrow Rib pattern, checkerboard, diagonal knit, or crocheting the ABC afghan, or the Sideways Shell Baby Afghan.

In any case, I was happy to actually have some time to actually knit quietly for more than fifteen minutes.

I didn't get to do all I wanted to do, or even all that I should have done, but there were some bright moments in my day.

Holidays were meant to be enjoyed. Hope you all enjoyed yours.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

Hi Kimberly!
Hope all is well with you. I'm doing ok, about to have this little guy any day now.

Fireworks here were crazy! People were in line all day in the hot sun to get a spot on the National Mall. We stayed home :o)

July 5, 2005 at 4:00 PM  
Blogger Maureen said...

Sounds like you have been too busy! I hope you find some time to sit and knit soon! Enjoy the weekend!

July 8, 2005 at 8:56 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Send me your email address and I will send you a $5 gift certificate for Adiago Teas. I sent you a PM on KR. My email is jenni-brown AT excite DOT com.

July 12, 2005 at 2:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home