Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Progress Shot 09/27/2005

Quick Progress Photo of the Afghan

Sorry about the severe angle.

It's looking like I will probably use the remainder of skein 8, along with a little yarn from skein 9. Technically, it will probably only really use 8 skeins as I did not use the entire skein of a ball that had a few knots in it.

I'm still hoping to finish this week, as in, by Sunday evening.

Tomorrow is my knitting meeting night, so I may get to knit for a couple of hours rather than a few minutes at a time. Of course, I may not make it to the meeting, so there's no telling how much actual knitting time I'll get.

Looking at the blanket on the bed, I wish now that I had made it just a bit wider. It's still okay but I know now for the next time I make this blanket. The next blanket in this pattern won't happen any time soon, though.

For now, I'm just happy to be close to the end of this one. I'm still enjoying knitting it. It just symbolizes a lot of things for me and I need to finish to feel a little more closure. Still having mixed feelings about giving it away...but I will give it away...

1 Comments:

Blogger Maureen said...

WOw! The afghan is really coming along well. I'm sorry you are having a tough time still. DOn't let anyone make you feel bad over what you are feeling. I can't even imagine excatly what it is like. In time you will heal, but take things at your own pace. Oh and before I forget, the link you posted on my blog looked like that pattern for the dishcloth! I got mine off of a cotton label. But what you had looks exactly right! I statrted with dpns and moved to circular once the stitches were starting to fall off the dpns! Do try it! It was really fast and very easy! I was surprised!

September 28, 2005 at 6:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home