Thursday, August 25, 2005

MRI Tomorrow

The MRI is tomorrow. I'm a little nervous but not too extremely nervous. Hopefully, I have some answers soon.

I don't know how long it takes to get the results. I was planning to ask before now but I've been so busy. I will definitely be asking tomorrow.

I've gotten more done on the afghan. It's hard to get a good picture of it now that's it's so much larger. There are a little over 5 skeins in it now, the 100 gram skeins, rather than the 50 grams. I'm wondering if I'm going to need the 10 skeins or if 9 will be sufficient. Since I still have not located skein number 10, I'm hoping 9 will be enough.

















I got some very nice comments when sharing it with a few fellow-knitters as well as non-knitters today. I don't always need the positive attention of others but with all that's happened lately, I welcomed the positive feedback!

I'm dealing with the miscarriage pretty well now. It was really tough at first. I never thought that miscarriage were easy for people to get over but I had no idea the range and depth of emotions you experience. I think it's something that people still feel is taboo to discuss, which makes it a little tough. Something small will remind me of the baby, which gives me very mixed emotions. Knitting has really helped me focus my attention elsewhere when I feel down about the situation.

I'm still excited to hear when other people have babies. I don't think I could handle attending a baby shower but I know I'd enjoy making or buying baby items for an expectant mother. I have no idea when things will feel more like normal but I'm hoping it's soon.

Thanks again to everyone for your comments.

On a humorous but slightly sad note, I killed my cell phone today. No animals or persons were harmed in the undoing of my phone.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I hope the MRI goes well.

The blanket is looking very nice. Very neat stitching, and a pretty pattern and color.

August 26, 2005 at 8:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the blanket. Someday I'm going to have to try out that sort of pattern (feather & fan, is it?). Sorry to hear about your loss, and hope that the MRI goes well!
Natalie

August 26, 2005 at 2:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home